In order to ensure the professional execution of this ambitious project, QSAP has decided to constitute a Scientific Consultancy Board of distinguished experts of the archaeology and history of the Middle Nile Valley.
- The Scientific Board shall advise the Organization (QSAP) of the development of the project, its scientific implications and shall monitor and evaluate the different projects.
- The Scientific Board shall read and evaluate the annual reports of the archaeological missions immediately after each season.
- This evaluation will involve visits to the sites, preferably during the field activities.
Members of the Scientific Board:
1. Mr. Vivian Davies, President of the Board (UK- Former Keeper of the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan at the British Museum and former Director of the British Museum’s Missions at Tumbus and Kurgus-Sudan).
2. Professor Charles Bonnet, Member of the Board (Switzerland- Member of the French Institute. Former Director of the Mission of the University of Geneva at Kerma. Co-director of the Swiss-Franco-Sudanese Mission at Dokki Gel-Kerma- Sudan).
3. Dr. Okasha El Daly, (UK – Egypt) Member of the Board and Rapporteur (QMA-Doha-Qatar).
4. Dr. Abdelrahman Ali, (Sudan) Board Member and Vice President (Director National Corporation for Antiquities & Museums-NCAM-Sudan).
5. Dr. Vincent Rondot, Member of the Board. Missions’ representative in his capacity of the President of the International Society for Nubian Studies –ISNS- (French CNRS, former Director of the SFDAS-Khartoum-Sudan).
Board Coordination :
6. Ambassador Ibrahim Abdulla Fagiri, Board coordinator & coordinator (QSAP-Khartoum-Sudan, Former Sudanese Ambassador in Doha).