The Qatari mission for the pyramids of the Sudan is constituted of:
- The main activity will be devoted to the Royal Tombs of Meroe at Begrawey.
- There has been a concrete partnership with the German Archaeological Institute DAI.
- Sponsoring of the digitalisation of the archives of the late Fritz Hinkel, the German Architect who worked for more than 4 decades in the service of the antiquities of the Sudan especially the restoration project of the pyramids of Meroe.
Special care will also be given to :
- the problem of wind erosion and sand accumulation at the pyramids (A comparable project at the site of Ma'arib in Yemen).
- the attractive presentation of the pyramids to the visitors.
These are 4 pyramidal complexes:
- At Meroe (Begraweya).
- At Gebel Barkal.
- At Kurru